You should login or register before.

Mila

  • 25/02/2019 05:57
  • 1

Can real estate agents take less commission?


Jennifer Rose

  • 25/02/2019 05:57

There is no any regulation or law in this matter stipulating the real estate commIssions. The commissions can be paid by seller or buyer. The amount of commissions is dictated by the customs and traditions of the market in the area. For instance in So. California the typical commission is 5-6%, 50/50 between the selling (buyer's) agent anf listing (seller's) agent. But you can find a broker, who will list your house for 1% and will pay to co-operating broker only 2%, or if he will find the buyer himself than he will pay these 2% to himself. In this case you will pay only 3%. I just listed the house for $1.3M, and I charge 1% for the listing and 2% for finding the buyer, total 3%.

Similar questions:

How to buy a house in auction california?

How do real estate agent get paid?

Share with your friends